Followers

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Secret Passageways

A childhood friend once told me that every building has a secret passageway. I was skeptical about this statement. He assured me , however, that they're there. It's just no one knows how to find them. We spent the latter half of the afternoon seeking hidden rooms. We knocked on walls, removed random books from shelves, and gazed into mirrors. Of course the only thing discovered was the whimsy of a child. That friend is in the military now. I can't say this with certainty, but I'm guessing his whimsy faded long ago. Mine still hangs on. I like to feed into it from time to time. It turns the ordinary to extraordinary. Currently I am searching my own library for secret passages. Most likely I won't find anything. I'm fine with that. Sometimes it's not about the end product.

No comments:

Post a Comment