Followers

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Refuge

At first I had absolutely no idea where to go.The shock of being kicked out of the place I called home took some time to ware off. I stole one of the falcons and took off aimlessly into the night. I hoped against hope that my next big idea would take place on that flight. It sorta did. I remembered a place I visited not too long ago. I was told that I'd be expected back. That's probably not an invitation, but I'm taking it as such. With any luck they do as well. I land my falcon on the grass outside of the building. It squawks loudly, asking if it should stick around. I say that's not necessary. Like that he takes off into the night. I bang my knuckles on the wooden door to the building as hard as I can. It takes some time, but a very groggy, very agitated motivational speaker answers the door. "Do you have any idea what time it is?" He asks. "3 a.m.?" He sighs. "That's right, 3 a.m. What are you doing here at this hour?" "I don't know if you recall, but last we spoke you were expecting me back." I reply. "Not at 3 a.m." I shrug. "You're the clairvoyant. You should have seen this coming." "I'm not a clairvoyant. I'm sorry, but you can't stay. Not now, you have to go." He says. I look out into the black skies. "My ride kinda took off." "Call him back." He insists. "He'd be kinda upset if I did that." "More upset than the person whose house you're crashing?" I nod. The motivational speaker opens his door, and ushers me in. "You can stay on the couch. We'll start in the morning." I start to walk in, the motivational speaker stops me. "This time you will listen to me. I'm not going to pull teeth again."

No comments:

Post a Comment