Followers

Friday, July 10, 2015

Eliminate the Negative


Words like couldn't, shouldn't, wouldn't, can't, and won't are eliminated from our vocabulary . Anyone caught using said words must stand in front of the group and use more positive words. The humiliating procedure is supposed to make one think twice about the kind of words they use. I just see it as needlessly picking on someone. Sometimes a negative is necessary. Sometimes it's the only thing to describe a situation. As you may have guessed , I was called out more than once. I didn't learn to speak in a positive light. All it taught me was to keep my mouth shut. That's what I did for the remainder of my stay. In the beginning I could tell the speaker was frustrated at my lack of cooperation. Eventually he gave up trying to open me up. He let me be me. When we left, everybody was a glow. They all gave each other hugs. I couldn't get out of their fast enough. I remember being on the falcon and the speaker walking up to me. He gave a lecture about vulnerability and how important it is. He hoped that I would come back at a later time. I most likely won't, but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment