Followers

Thursday, September 3, 2015

A Crowd Gathers

The mob gathered around us. Everyone was talking at the same time. I didn't know where to draw my attention. I wouldn't mind talking to them individually. I don't have a problem with that, but I can't deal with multiple voices at the same time. Who can? Olivia puts up a bubble. It protects us from them getting too close, but they still crowd around the boarder of the bubble. They leer in and speak their concerns through the pink wall. "Enough!" Peter shouts above the crowd. "Leave them alone. They've had a long day." "But we have questions." Someone from the crowd says. "I'm sure you do, but this is no way to go about it. Leave them alone." The crowd begrudgingly goes back to their seats. Olivia throws down her bubble. We join Peter at his table. "Thanks for helping us." Olivia says as we take a seat. "It had to be done." He responds, casually. "Is this what it's like being a celebrity?" I ask. "Today it is." "What do you mean?" Olivia asks. Peter grins. "You did something that they approve of, so today you are loved." "That was love?" I question. "Trust me, if they thought you were the enemy it would have been much worse." "Aren't we lucky?" I say, sarcastically. Peter shrugs. "It could always be worse." Olivia and I nod in agreement. It's not the best piece of advice, but we take it. Just as we're about to have a moment of peace the cafeteria shakes back and forth. Everyone panicked . No one knew what was going on. Someone then shouted "Earthquake!" at the top of their lungs, and because that seemed logical, we all ducked under our respected tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment