Followers

Monday, September 7, 2015

Sleeping Giant

It is generally not the brightest idea to wake a sleeping giant. Especially when you are already in debt to the giant for it saving your life, but with the Wellness Center rapidly sinking into oblivion we had no choice. "Falcie." Olivia says gingerly while stroking its feathers. We still had no idea its real name was Penny. No one had told us otherwise, and it had always responded to Falcie. It groggily opened one eye and then the other. "We need your help." Olivia says. Penny shakes her head no. "I know I still owe you one. I haven't forgotten that. Right now, however, we need you. The Wellness Center is in trouble." I explain. Penny perks up. "We need to find your brothers and sisters." Olivia says. Penny caws. "I know you're not on the best terms with them, but this is important." She continues. Penny hangs her head. Olivia pets her face. "It's ok, I'll protect you." She says. Penny nods in agreement. She stretches out her massive wings. Olivia turns to me. "let's roll."

No comments:

Post a Comment