Followers

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Wading

Peter wades his feet in the water. He rolls up the end of his pants so as not to dirty his white suite. "Hey, should we find shelter?" I ask Peter. "In a moment." We stand beside Peter. He can sense our growing impatience. "You can go on without me." "Are you sure?" Olivia asks. Peter nods. We leave Peter to himself, lost in the beauty of the scenery. It makes me wonder if he saw anything like that in his life, or if he allowed himself to feel this free. There is a forest a few feet away from the waterfalls. I start heading in that direction. "Where are we going ?" Olivia asks. "We're gonna need a place to rest our heads at night." I respond. "I know that, but what about the cave?" "That belonged to a tribe, and even if that woman never threatened us, I'd rather not tempt fate." "So what do we do?" Olivia asks, chasing me. "We build a home." "But I don't know anything about that." She says. I look back at her and smile. "Nor do I , but we'll learn."

No comments:

Post a Comment