Followers

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Through Dense Fogs

As we flew through the cloudy morning sky a thought occurs to me. I know virtually nothing about falcons. I had no idea if Penny was locking on their scent, or if this was a secret place that they all went to, or perhaps she had a psychic connection to them. It's questions that I wouldn't necessarily receive an answer to, but something about this flight felt different. She seemed more confident, more sure of herself. That helped ease my mind. We were in the air for hours, but at least we were headed in the right direction. I have no idea how Penny could see through the fog. It was dense, and it was everywhere. She continued to flap her wings until the fog completely dissipated. There, on the other side of the thick clouds, we could see the most lovely scenery. There was a rocky cliff with two twin waterfalls on either side. Penny slowed her flapping. Rather than landing, she began circling in the air. I had a feeling that now that we were there she was doubting herself. Wondering if it was really worth risking her life helping us.

No comments:

Post a Comment