Followers

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Muscle

We ran like there was no tomorrow. In hindsight, I'm sure it would have be quicker to jump on Penny's back and fly the remaining distance. To me, it is more natural to run. So that's what we did without batting an eye. We ran to the front stoop which was now partially submerged in the clouds. Right as we place our feet on the first step a firm hand yanks us back. We turn around to see who, or what could have stopped us. We are greeted by a menacing Minotaur. "Ain't nobody getting in there." It declares. I stare into its devilish red eyes. It occurred to me that I had seen this being before. "Barry?" I say, unsure of myself. "Yeah, how'd you know my name?" "I played Lacrosse with you a while back." Barry smiles slightly. "Oh yeah, you did, didn't you? I don't suppose you had any time to work on your game, did you?" "'Fraid not." I say. "That's a shame. I'd say we could play, but I'm not supposed to let anyone in." "What about the others still inside?" Olivia asks. "There's no one in there." He assures. "Are you sure?" Olivia digs deeper. "Positive. When our unfortunate incident about the library was announced, the boss made me a bouncer. He told me to get everyone out of the building. He said I could use force if I had to. Lucky for them I didn't have to." "Are you absolutely sure that no one is in there?" Olivia asks. Barry nods. "I checked and doubled checked every nook and cranny. No one is in there." "That's great, but where did they go? No one can fly." I remark. Barry points to the stables in the distance. "Are you trying to tell us they're all in the stables?" I ask. "It's a bit cramped, but yeah. Come on I'll take you there. Ain't no reason for me to stay here anymore. No one will dare come in , and the building's a goner anyway."

No comments:

Post a Comment