Followers

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Snug Stable

The stables were packed. It was wall to wall of employees. You couldn't walk anywhere. Olivia and I were forced to stand perfectly still at the entrance. I felt sorry for Penny. First her siblings turn their backs on her, now she can't even fit in her second home. Barry could care less. He pushes and shoves his way through the crowd of people. We don't quite lose him in the sea of people. We can still see his horns from afar. "This is a mess." I say out loud. "Yeah, you want to get out of here?" Olivia asks. "Should we turn our backs on them?" Olivia shrugs. "Wouldn't be the first time." I turn to Penny. "Where shall we go, old friend?" "Is that them?" A voice shouts from the stables. Olivia peeks her head in the door. She sees Todd making his way through the crowd. "Great job guys." "Is that sarcasm?" I ask. "No, you came back with a falcon. " "Yes a falcon. This is the same falcon we left with." Olivia says. Todd pats Olivia on the back. "Hey, one is better than nothing. Besides we like it here. It's cozy, but we like it " "You do?" I question. "Yeah, it's only temporary. We're gonna build a better Wellness Center." "You are?" "Sure and you guys will help." "How ?" I ask. "I don't know, get those guys you got before. So, now you know what you gotta do." Todd turns and starts to head back in the stables. "Where are you going?" Olivia asks. "There's a party." We Let Todd leave. I turn back to Olivia. "We're carpenters now."

No comments:

Post a Comment