Followers

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Stone Stairs

The stone stairway was narrow. So narrow that we had to walk single file. Naturally I would worry about slipping and falling, but instead my thoughts turned to the unique architecture. There were bits of marble embedded in the steps and walls. The marbles were green and red, and formed pictures. They were mostly pictures of rising Suns. Some of the patterns were of flying birds. I kept wondering who created this? Was it a lost tribe, and if so are they still living? I couldn't stop and find out. We were on a mission. We ascended further up the stone stairs until we saw an opening in the ceiling. We crawled through the hole to find ourselves on top of a flat, desolate cliff. There was nothing there except for a gigantic nest at the edge of the cliff. "You see any Falcons there?" I ask, pointing to the seemingly vacant nest. "No, but if we wait there, sooner or later they'll show up."

No comments:

Post a Comment