Followers

Monday, September 14, 2015

In Ruins

We go through the small opening in the clouds like usual, and we wait in front of Peter's desk like usual. This time however, we are not met by our friend with the white beard. No one is there, and the golden gate behind the desk is ajar. I shout for Max, thinking perhaps he is nearby. No one shows up. "Where do you think he went?" Olivia asks. I notice his farmer's almanac on his desk. "I have no idea, but he left his farmer's almanac." "That's out of character for him. He brings that everywhere." Olivia replies. I nod. "That he does. Shall we venture inside?" "Yes, but bring the book." I grab the almanac and we cautiously walk through the opened gate with Penny closely behind us. We walk past the stables. It seems perfectly intact. At least from the outside. I shouldn't be too surprised though. The stables aren't actually connected to the Wellness Center building. I don't want to think about it, but if we weren't able to accomplish our missing, then at the very least we would have shelter for us and Penny. We continue walking. I forgot how far away the Wellness Center building was from the stables. A few city blocks I imagine. As we were getting closer, my heart nearly sank into my chest. I saw the most alarming thing I had ever witnessed. The Wellness Center was sinking rapidly like the Titanic. We heard no screams, but still it was jarring . "Think anyone's in there?" I ask, shakily. "Only one way to find out." I crack my knuckles and prepare for the rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment