Followers

Friday, September 11, 2015

Bait

We sat in the vacant nest for an hour. There were no Falcons in sight and the only thing we could hear was the running waterfall. "Are we ready to give up?" I ask. "No, we can't. We have to stay." Olivia replies. I try to adjust. "What are you doing?" Olivia asks. "The sticks in the nest are poking me." "Yeah, it's not the most comfortable place." "You mind if I go for a walk?" "I guess not. I can hold down the fort myself. But where are you gonna go?" She asks. "Just to stretch my legs." I leave the nest, head in the direction we came. Soon after I hear a loud "caw!" I look to the sky to find at least thirty Falcons descending. I rush to the safety of the nest and the pink bubble. Unfortunately, I could not out run them. Before I knew it they encircled me. Each one of them was over eight feet tall. They all had beady eyes and razor sharp beaks. They all leered down on me , waiting to peck.

No comments:

Post a Comment