Followers

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Retreat

I handed Bethany a slip with the workers numbers. I didn't stick around to watch her give it to Todd. I didn't feel I had too. They were going to build the Wellness Center bigger and better. That's great, but I'm not needed at this point in time. Olivia and I will take off on a retreat with Peter. We'll go to that land with Penny's siblings. We'll let Peter experience the oddness and wonder first hand. He is very excited, and despite the fact that I have been there before and know exactly what to expect, I have to admit I find myself excited as well. The only thing that troubles my mind is the extra weight on Penny. I tell Peter my concerns. He brushes it off and says that a falcon can hold three grown adults, and that the only reason she is slowing down is because she isn't used to the extra weight. I don't know how he could hear Penny gasping and say that. Perhaps he is right though. He spent the vast majority of his time around these animals and he knows them far better than I do. There is a silver lining about Penny's lack of energy. She didn't freak when we flew past the fog and could see the twin waterfalls. Instead she gracefully landed at the foot of the waterfall. Olivia and I slid off Penny's feather and onto the ground. Peter stayed back for a moment, just taking it all in. "Should we find a place to set up camp?" Olivia asks. "In a minute. I want to enjoy this." He says with splendor in his voice and awe in his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment