Followers

Friday, September 25, 2015

Bundles

We traveled deep into the forest and picked up every twig and branch that we could find. By the time we were ready to head back, we were carrying two massive piles of twigs. We could barely see where we were going. That's how high the stacks were. We tripped and dropped the piles more than once. It only took a few mishaps for us to realize that maybe we were carrying more than we could handle. So, we did slightly smaller piles. This would mean more trips to the forest, but it is a small price to pay for safety. When we got back to the water fall the sun was down. There was a chill that night brought and Penny and Peter were nowhere to be seen. "Where is he?" Olivia asks. "Beats me. " I reply while sticking a twig into the muddy ground. I had no idea what I was doing but it felt right. "Do you think we should look for him?" "No, I'm sure he'll be fine." "What if he went back to the Wellness Center?" Olivia wonders. "Then were stuck here." I say, still attempting to build a hut. "You don't care one way or the other, do you?" "Not really." Olivia shrugs and helps me with the twigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment