Followers

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Penny's Reluctance

Penny circles around in the air for while. It soon becomes obvious that she has no intention of landing. I try to veer her head in the direction of the waterfalls. This only angers her. She bucks and sways, trying to get us to fall. Penny then flies upside down for a few feet. We do our best to hold on, but feathers are slippery. We end up losing our grips, and we slide off. Before I can free fall too far, Olivia grabs my right hand. With her free hand she creates a bubble. We still fall, but not nearly as fast as we would have without the bubble. We hit the waterfall. The water is now crashing against the bubble. Unfortunately Olivia doesn't have her full concentration, so we lose our bubble force field. The weight of the water pushes us down. We manage to swim past the falling water though. We arrive at the mouth of a cave on the other side of the waterfall. The cave is deep, and a cold, shallow, river runs through it. At this point we are able to stand and walk. I pull myself out of the river , and sit on a jagged stone. Olivia joins me, knocking water out of her ear in the process. "That was something." She says. "Yeah, I hope the rest of the trip is easier." "Well, all we have to do no is find the others." "Any idea where we would find them? I ask. "My guess is at the top of the cliffs. That's probably where they make their nest. Now we just gotta figure out how to get up there." I rub my eyes. "It may be easier then we thought." I reply. "What do you mean?" I point a stone stairway on the other side of the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment