Followers

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Dawn Breaks

We toiled away long into the night. We didn't get anywhere. I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise, but building a home, or hut is harder than it seems. We passed out in the mud and awoke at dawn. The twigs covered our torsos. Olivia rubbed her eyes. "What time is it?" "Sunrise." Olivia shakes her head. I think it was still a bit too early for sarcasm. She stood and stretched. "Hey wake up." She shouts. "What's the matter?" I ask, groggily. "Peter and and Penny are still gone." I roll over to see that they are indeed missing. "I guess they went back to the Wellness Center." I say. "You think so?" "Yeah. I'm not surprised. Penny doesn't like it here, and Peter was probably itching to get back to his duties." "I guess that makes sense. What do you think we should do now?" Olivia asks. "Well, if we're gonna be living here with no way of leaving, I guess we should find something to eat." "Back to the forest?" she wonders. I nod. "Yep. Back to the forest."

No comments:

Post a Comment