Followers

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Peter Laments

We searched far and wide for Peter. I wasn't surprised that he wasn't to be found in the party, but we had to travel to the outskirts of the Wellness Center grounds to find him. He sat at the edge of a cloud with his legs hanging over the side. Olivia and I sat down on either side of him. Without saying a word, I handed him the almanac. Peter looked up at me and smiled. "Thank you, I was missing it." "Thought you'd want it back." I say. "Yes, I didn't have any time to take it before that brute ushered me away." "Barry?" Olivia asks. Peter nods. "Yes, but I shouldn't call him that. He was merely doing his job, or at least what he thought was his job." "They're gonna rebuild the Wellness Center." Olivia says, changing the subject. "That the are." Peter replies, un enthusiastically. "You don't seem thrilled." I say. "They'll rebuild it. That will be nice, but what about the falcons? If you two couldn't get them back, I doubt anyone ever will. Without the falcons I am like a shepherd without his flock." "You're right. The falcons may never come back, but you can come with us. We know where they are from and we can live with them, together." Olivia explains. "It does sound tempting-" "But?" I interrupt Peter. "But I have duties." "Someone else will fill in for you?" Olivia says. "Like who?" "What about that Max guy?" I ask. Peter thinks for a moment. "Well, I did teach him everything I know, and he has come a long way." "Does that mean you'll come?" Olivia asks. Peter nods. "It'll be a little bit extra weight for Penny, but I believe she can handle it. Take me to this place."

No comments:

Post a Comment