Followers

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Terrible, But Good

I observed Olivia for a full half hour. she didn't complain of any ailments, so I decided the berries were safe for consuming. I threw one of the berries into my mouth. It had the most bland taste. I couldn't help but cringe. "They're terrible, aren't they?" Olivia says. "They are, but I have a strange desire to eat another one." "So do I. I've had that urge for a while now. It's been a long half hour needless to say." "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's have some more." Maybe it is because we were starving and hadn't seen any food in days, but we greedily gobbled up the berries. I tried to savor them at first. It was no use. What ever it was, they had a strong hold on me. I threw handful after handful of the berries into my mouth. It didn't take long for me to run out of them. I checked my pockets frantically. I was all out. "You got anything?" I ask Olivia. "No if did ,I would be eating them now." Olivia replies. "You trying to tell me you're out too?" "That's what I'm saying." "What do we do?" I ask. "We have to get more berries." I glance at the forest off in the distance. This will be at least the third time we ventured off in that direction, but I have to have more berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment