Followers

Monday, September 28, 2015

New Berries

We discovered a new type of berry that neither one of us had seen before. It was the size and shape of a pepper corn and purple in appearance. Having never seen something like this we were unsure if it was safe to eat. I remember my stomach growling loudly. "I know, I'm hungry too." Olivia says. "What's your opinion?" I ask. "They could be poisonous." "So, should we back away from them?" "But they might not be." Olivia picks a berry from the bush. "Wait, you're not gonna eat that are you?" "Of course I am. Why do you get to be the only one that does stupid and dangerous things?" I shrug. "Probably because I don't always think everything through." "Today is my day to do something dangerous and stupid." She declares. Olivia tosses the berry into her mouth. Her eyes widen, and she makes the biggest grimace. "That bad, huh?" I ask. "It was terrible, but it may be our only food." Olivia grabs a handful of berries. I stop her before she can stuff them in her pockets. "We still don't know how safe they are." I insist. "What? Do you want to wait around till I turn pink and purple?" "I think we should give it some more time. Just to see if there are any lingering side effects." Olivia sighs. "Fine, but we're loading up in the mean time."

No comments:

Post a Comment