Followers

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Party Exit

The thing about parties is you never get to have a real conversation with anybody. It is always just snippets here and there. I suppose it is true what they say, that there is no small talk. In theory talking about the weather could lead to a deep, profound revelation. Most likely it won't , but you never know. That's not why I face reluctance though. I understand that this is a time of happiness and to rejoice. Yet, my muscles are as tense as ever. I know there is still work to do. Granted there will always be work to , but I don't think we should celebrate yet. I push my way through the many party goers to the stable entrance. The cool air hits my face. It is a welcome change. Olivia follows closely behind me and we stand outside the entrance. "That's not my scene." I inform her. "Not mine either." She replies. "Want to get out of here?" I ask. "Don't we have to rebuild the Wellness Center?" I shake my head. "I'll give them the number , but I'm not helping." "That's fair,but who're you getting to rebuild the Wellness Center, Norm?" "Who?" I ask. "Norm, the raccoon. He built the yacht." "Oh yeah, he was good. I would have no idea how to get in touch with him though." "Who did you use for the secret room?" She questions. I shrug. " I don't know. I just called 411 and then some guys showed up." Olivia chuckles. "You wanna get out of here?" She asks. I look down at the almanac I'm still holding. "I do, but I have to give this to Peter. Have you seen him?" "No. I don't think he was in the party, but we'll find him. He's got to be around here somewhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment