Followers

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Bright Yellow Desk

The library looks like a biohazard area. There is yellow caution tape , and plastic, zip walls everywhere. You'd think we had discovered asbestos in the ceiling. To be fair, I can understand their fear. They had probably never seen anything like this before, and were uncertain what it was capable of. I have seen what it can do to first hand, but I'm still not sure the extent of what it can and can not do. Olivia and I stare at the bright yellow desk. We're a good twenty feet away from it. That's as close as we want to go at the moment. "Why did it do that?" I ask. "Beats me." "But we made the shield along time ago, why would it do this now?" Olivia shrugs. "The substance formed around my bubble. Maybe the bubble finally weekend and it had nothing to hold on to." "Yeah, I can buy into that." I say. "Plus you took a piece off of it." She adds. "What does that have to do with anything?" Olivia thinks for a moment. "Well, it was already formed around an unstable substance. With the piece missing it had nothing to hold on to." "So then it all became free, and wrapped itself around the desk?" I suggest. "That's what I'm guessing." "Do you think this stuff is hardened now and it's ok to touch?" "I want to say yes, but I honestly don't know anymore. I mean this stuff could be moving so slowly that we can't detect it with the naked eye." "I'm sorry I got us into this mess." I say. "It's ok, we'll figure it out."

No comments:

Post a Comment