Followers

Friday, August 7, 2015

Ice Cream Shop


Ice cream is the perfect motivator. Unfortunately it is also the perfect distraction. I think I've actually done less work here than when I was at Rosie's . It's weird, the owners of this ice cream shop are unusually welcoming. They didn't bat an eye when we brought the boxes in , and it is a mess to say the least. There are boxes and papers scattered throughout our area. You wouldn't be able to see the tiny metallic table. I have never seen this level of acceptance in a public place before. Except maybe in a coffee house. There it's almost frowned upon if you don't bring your office with you. Maybe the owners want a homely, cozy, coffee house feel. Maybe they know we are on to something and want to see us succeed even if it means staring at this colossal eye sore. Maybe they expect us to pay rent now, or maybe they just don't care. These are questions I ask myself while finishing my delicious swirl cone. "You find anything?" Olivia asks. "No, did you?" "No." I observe my surroundings. "Hey, is this where we came for New Years?" Olivia shakes her head. "No. I think that place was in another town.Sure looks similar though." "Sure does." "What was in your box?" She asks. "Not much. Mostly receipts . Stuff she thought was important at one point. Do you want to take a look?" "May I ?" I hand Olivia a small pile of papers that I have gathered in front of me. "It's all receipts for vacuums or TVs." I say. Olivia flips through the papers. "Yeah, not much here." "Should we call it quits for the night?" I ask. Olivia suddenly stops flipping. "Wait." She instructs. "What?" Olivia hands me a deed for a Mapleville Lake house. "Did you see that one?" She asks. "I somehow missed it." Olivia points to the paper. " I think that's where she is." "You really think so?" Olivia grins. "It's worth a shot. Isn't it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment