Followers

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Sky Fight

I'm pulled higher and higher into the atmosphere. I struggle so much to escape that it makes my body spin endlessly. This gives the birds much delight. They innately know I can not see much, if anything. I have trouble controlling my nausea while simultaneously flailing my arms and legs. I do the best I can though. I can't let them win. I see a blurred black streak dart across my periphery. I haphazardly throw a punch. I feel my knuckles crack a beak. Another black streak makes its presence known. I kick my right leg, and it hits the meaty part of the bird. At this point, I have tossed aside any previous reservations of harming an animal. I'm throwing punches and kicks left and right. Somehow each and every one hits its intended target. The Falcons do wise up eventually. The falcon carrying me swings its mighty talons back and forth. It causes me to swing like a human yo-yo from my cape. I'm crashing into the birds. I'm probably doing some damage to them, but I'm certain I had more bruises than they did. As soon as I could regain a shred of my equilibrium, I curled into a ball. This simple act turned me from a human yo-yo into a human bullet. I used my full body weight to crash into them. I could hear their cries and shrieks. I could feel myself losing momentum. I knew they stopped swinging me. I knew they had given up. I couldn't force myself out of the ball just yet. After all , there is a thing called the eye of the storm. They may have been warming up for round 2, but I did open my eyes. I had closed them at various intervals. It helped me with my nausea. However, once I opened my eyes, I had a whole new set of problems. I was free falling and fast approaching deep blue water.

No comments:

Post a Comment