Followers

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Demolition Crew



"Unbelievable! That man has no clue what's going on." Olivia expresses her outrage as we stare into the bright, yellow desk once more. I'm annoyed myself, but I also have an Ace up my sleeve. "Yeah, he's a dick." I respond. "It's more than that. He is in his own world. He's lost touch with everyone else." "I know what will make you feel better." I say. Olivia turns her head suspiciously. I take out the paperweight, and place it one the desk. "Is that Todd's paperweight?" She asks. I nod. Olivia laughs to herself. "That does make me feel better. It's like a big "screw you" "It gets better." I grasp the paperweight tightly. Without warning I slam it into the desk. The thud creates a loud echo. I lift it up. There's not a scratch on the desk. "I don't think that did anything." Olivia says. "No, it didn't. I can't give up though." I hit the desk as hard as I can. I beat it mercilessly. I don't slow down until I can feel it softening. I look at the desk once more. There is now a circular dent where I was pounding. "We're almost there! How's your hand?" Olivia asks. "Starting to cramp." "I'll try it." Olivia gives it a few good whacks. The dent caves in. There is now a hole in that area. The substance still covers the desk, but the bright yellow is fading. I decide to try the drawer again. It's sealed, that hadn't changed. This time however, it is much weaker, and I'm able to yank the drawer open. The hammer is mine. All mine. We go to town on the desk , hammering and pounding. In no time we're able to completely chip away the mysterious coating. The yellow substance then re -liquefies . It drips from the edge of the desk on to the carpet. "What do we do now?" Olivia asks. "Now we direct its flow to the secret room."

No comments:

Post a Comment