Followers

Friday, August 7, 2015

Sorting Through Boxes




"It's hopeless!" I shout while sifting through an enormous pile of papers. "Don't give up." Olivia tells me. "I won't, but I really want to. I mean do we even know what we are looking for?" "Evidence." "Evidence of what?" I ask. "You know, the strange element." I bite my lip. "Yeah, it's in here somewhere I guess." The doorbell rings. "Who could that be?" Olivia asks. "I don't know. We're all here." Rosie's roommate answers the door. He is greeted by many young, boisterous voices. "That's right, he said there was gonna be a party." I say. "Grab as much as you can." Olivia instructs. "What?" "Grab what you can. We'll do this elsewhere." "Where?" "I don't know, Dairy Queen. Any where as long as it's not here." I haphazardly throw my piles of papers into a box. I pick up the box and head for the door. "At least we can get swirl cones."

No comments:

Post a Comment