Followers

Monday, August 31, 2015

Like Lava

The substance drips from the desk like lava. "I think we should do something." Olivia says, attempting to snap me out of it. "I agree." I reply, still staring at the flowing substance. Olivia shakes me. "Sorry, it's fascinating." I say. "Yeah, well it will stick to the rug soon if we don't do something." "You don't want to guide it like a stream?" I ask. " I don't think that's a good idea anymore. It might freeze to the carpet and then we'll have to smash it again." "But that part was fun." "It was, but we need a better plan." She says. "It seems to me we just need to get something that this stuff can latch on to, and then we can throw that into the secret room." "Yes, but what?"She wonders. "How about the paperweight." Olivia shakes her head. "No, I'd eventually like to get on Todd's good side." "Then what?" I ask. "I have an idea. Stand back." Olivia puts her hands out. She forms a bubble between her two palms. It is the size of a bowling ball at first, but it quickly grows to the size of her body. She places the pink ball by the desk. The yellow substance circles around the bubble before it gloms on. We watch as it slowly becomes a solid once more. "Great! Now all we have to do is roll it." Olivia announces.

While it did roll, it wasn't exactly easy to get it started. It was quite heavy, and steering it was another story. Navigating it through the aisles was a nightmare. We would always lose control. It knocked over almost every book shelf. We couldn't be happier when we made it to the trapdoor. We shouted "Adios", and watched it fall into the pit. As soon as it hit the ground, it shattered in to many, many pieces. The pieces re - liquefied. The yellow liquid took on a tempest appearance. It crashed into the walls, and leapt into the air with violent force. A foot higher and it would have hit us. Not wanting to watch the storm any longer, we slammed the door shut. "Now we just gotta board it up." I say. "Get the hammer, and anything you can find!" Olivia shouts. I spring to action while Olivia holds the door shut. Before I can get very far she shouts."Wait, come back." I run back to the trap door." "It stopped making noises." She says. We wait patiently. Indeed there is not a sound. "I think with the door shut it sealed itself in there." Olivia suggests. We both press on the door lightly. It feels like a brick to our touch. I smile at Olivia. It was a hard fought battle, but we won.

No comments:

Post a Comment