Followers

Friday, August 28, 2015

Lift Me Up

Yelling constantly is a sure fire way to strain your vocal chords. I realized that I may be in the secret room for a while. So, I leaned against the wall. If I had a tennis ball I could have been like Steve McQueen a la The Great Escape. But alas, I had no tennis ball, nor similar object. All I had was my imagination. I envisioned myself throwing the ball, and catching it with my left hand. (the non dominant hand) In my mind I'm quite good at this. My game of catch ended when I could hear Olivia in the distance. She was calling my name. I tried to call back. I couldn't respond with anything louder than a whisper. I knew Olivia wouldn't be able to hear that, so I banged against the walls. I kicked and punched. I caused a tremendous amount of racket. "Is that you?" She shouts. This time she sounds much closer. "Yeah, it's me. Watch the floor. I fell down a hole." I watch the trapdoor opening till Olivia's silhouette appears. "How did you get down there?" She asks. "I pulled a book and a trapdoor opened." Olivia lays down on her stomach. "If I put out my arm do you think you'd be able to grab it?" She asks. "Yes." Olivia stretches her arm as far as she can. I give my best jump, and I clasp on to her hand. She pulls me to the surface. It's a struggle at first, but she succeeds. "Who put that there?" She asks, not expecting a response. "I did." I say, hiding my face. "Why?" "I thought it would look cool." Olivia glances at the pit. "I could see that. Like an Adam's Family thing?" "I was actually going for 60's , campy , Batman." Olivia knowingly nods. "I did get an idea while I was down there." I continue. "What was it?" "Nobody knows about that room , and we have to dispose of the substance somehow. What if we push the desk down there?" I muse. "What will Malory do for a desk?" "We get her a new one. We can tell them it was destroyed in the process." Olivia thinks for a moment. "Assuming we are able to move the desk this might work. All we'd have to do then is completely board up the room. " I spring up. "Let's get to it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment