Followers

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sun Room

It was a short distance from the dock to the lake house. Circular lavender stones guided the way to a cozy cabin in the woods. Rosie took us into a sun room. I assumed we were actually going to venture inside the cabin. Especially when moments before she was complaining about the heat. Though I will say, despite it's name the sun room felt like it was miles away from the sun. Big tree just outside the cabin gave the room a nice, cool shade. I sat back in my rocking chair, feeling lazier than ever. I was ready to take an afternoon nap. "It's nice, isn't it?" Rosie asks. "It's lovely." Olivia says. "This was always my favorite room. There were days I'd sit here for hours on end. I wouldn't budge from my rocking chair." "That sounds so peaceful." Olivia exclaims. Rosie smiles. "It was. The masquitoes were always terrible, and there were years where we could barely afford our summer home, but it was all worth it for this room." "I could stay here for hours as well." I say feeling my eyes becoming heavier. " Yes ,I am not looking forward to going back to my flat." "Why don't you sell that and live here?" Olivia asks. "I could do that, but would I really enjoy it as much if I had this year 'round?" "Plus, the winter's are probably unbearable." I add. Rosie shudders in her seat. "Don't get me started on the winters. No, I've got a couple more weeks. I'll just enjoy this while I can." "That's a good idea." Olivia replies. Rosie picks her self out of her seat. "I'm a bit peckish. Would either of you care for some sweet tea?" "Is it really sweet?" Olivia wonders. Rosie grins. "It wouldn't be sweet tea if it wasn't."

No comments:

Post a Comment