Followers

Sunday, August 2, 2015

In on the Plan?

Just as I'm about to call it quits for the day I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Olivia's warm smile. Without saying a word, I kiss her in the way that I had wanted to for quite some time now. Eventually we break apart. "How did you get past me?" I ask. "I'm magic." "I have know that for a while, but the fact remains how did you get past me? Is there another door?" "Not that I know of." "I'm wondering how I didn't see you." "It's easy when your eyes are closed." She explains. "I nodded off?" "You did." She says while taking a seat at the table. Olivia notices my backpack. "What's in here?" She asks. "I was about to get to that but-" I unzip the backpack and remove the shield and microscope. "What do those two things have in common?" "We're going to examine the shield under the microscope." I announce, excitedly. Olivia is speechless. "You don't look excited." I say. "Seems kinda pointless. I mean it baffled the doctors and scientists. What could we possibly find?" "Aren't you curious to see for yourself?" "A little " "Then let's do it!" I shout. Olivia smirks. "Yes, let's try it with a toy microscope." "You don't think it could work?" I ask, forlorn. "It's not that it's just how are we going to fit that huge thing under a microscope?" I spring up. "You're right. We only need a small chunk. Let's find some tools to chip a piece off."

No comments:

Post a Comment