Followers

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Cold, Dark Place

Here I am in a cold, dark place of my own creation. No, that is not a metaphor. I literally created this hidden room. Well, with a little help that is. I'm not sure why I wanted it so badly, other than I thought it would look cool. If the workers were allowed to finish, it would have been cool. Instead I'm stuck with a pit that's no larger than a regular sized bathroom. The trapdoor is open, so I have some light directly overhead at least. My curiosity gets the best of me. I jump as high as I can. I stretch out my arms in hopes of grabbing the doorway. It's no use. It's still a good foot above me. My only option is to call for Olivia. I shout her name at the top of my lungs. My screams bounce off the basement walls. I try this a few more times then wait. I stand there motionless. I hear neither footsteps nor her voice. She has not heard my cries, but I must not give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment