Followers

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Change of Clothes

Before I could begin to attempt my new challenge, I knew a change of attire was in order. I went back to the White Room in hopes of finding actually clothing. To my surprise, I saw my hood and cape, my black t - shirt, and my jeans all folded neatly on my bed. Peter appeared in the doorway after I made my discovery. "Thought you would like your costume." Peter says. "Thanks, I appreciate it. " "Everything is there except for shoes." "Yeah, they're at the bottom of the atlantic ocean." Peter glances at my bare feet. "You're about a ten, right?" "Something like that." I reply. Peter takes off his loafers and hands them to me. His generosity confuses me. "Take them." He insists. "But what will you wear?" I ask. "I have more shoes, you don't. Take them, I'll be fine." I slip the loafers on my feet. "How do they fit?" He asks. "They're comfy." "Good, you'll need comfortable shoes for what your'e doing." "I know proper foot wear is always important." I say. "It is. Especially for what you're doing." I furrow my brow. "You know, I'm not going off to war. I'm just going to the library." Peter half smiles. "Just be careful. You're still recovering." "I'm fine." "Are you?" He asks, with wide eyes. "Well, I'm a little sore, but if I keep moving I won't think about my pain." "Movement helps one to get out of one's head... sometimes." "I'll be fine." I try to assure. Peter looks at me like a worried grandfather talking to his wayward grandson. "You'll do what you have to do. Please be careful."

No comments:

Post a Comment