Followers

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Push It

We push the desk with all our might, but it doesn't budge. It is much heavier than we had anticipated. I decided to switch things up and put my back into it. That did not prove to be any easier. "Did it move at all?" I ask. "Maybe an inch." Olivia replies. "I don't understand. We were able to lift and carry the shield." I say. "Yeah, but that was smaller." I tap my foot. "Any suggestions?" "Well, it seems to me that this started because you broke a piece off the shield." "I'm sorry." "No, I mean what if we tried to do it again?" Olivia wonders. "That could work. I think the hammer is still in the drawer." I attempt to open the drawer, but it's sealed shut. "It's locked." I say. "I don't think it locked. The element put a coating over the desk." "Ok, hammer is out of the picture. I don't want to try and punch it though." "No, you'd break your hand." Olivia warns. "What if we threw a stack of books at it?" I suggest. "I don't know. It might not work. We need a heavy, blunt object. You don't know where we could find more tools, do you?" "I haven't a clue." Olivia bites her lip. "What if we told Todd that as long as no one pierces the desk it should be fine?" "He'll never buy that, besides do you really believe it's safe?" I ask. "We're fine." I sigh. "Yeah, I guess we are. But he won't say yes." "It's worth a shot." I shake my head. "I guess it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment