Followers

Monday, August 10, 2015

On the Dock

It took some time before the thing in question on the horizon was little more then a speck. We had to venture through a thick fog. At that point we saw a woman sitting at the edge of a dock. She was wadding her feet in the water. He head was down, and completely blocked by a large sun hat. We could not identify her, but we felt certain it must be Rosie. We docked our canoe and walked up to the side of the woman. "You think that's her?" I ask. "Who else would it be?" Olivia replies. "You're right. I don't think we should wake her though." "Why not?" Olivia asks. "Because we could scare her, and I don't want to do that." I say. "What should we do then?" I sit down beside Rosie. "We wait." Olivia reluctantly joins me. We sit in silence for a moment and then I hear a low, "I'm not sleeping." I turn to Rosie. She lifts her head. I can clearly see that it is her now. "It was kind of you to wait though." She continues. At this moment, I am so excited I can barely contain myself. I find myself hugging Rosie. "Good to see you too, but I must ask, how did you find me?" She asks. I break away from the hug. She caught me off guard and I don't know what to say. Olivia steps in and helps. "We weren't looking for you. We were just canoeing." "It is a good day for that." Rosie replies. I can tell by her eyes that she accepts our story. "Canoeing is hard at first, but after a while it's fun." I add. Rosie smiles. "You must forgive me. My place isn't exactly exactly easy to find. So, I thought you were looking for me. " It was that comment that made me wonder if she knew our purpose for being there, but I believed it was too late to back tred. So, we continued to play dumb. "No we were worried. We thought we'd never see you again. " I remark. "Fate is funny like that." She replies. Rosie stands. "It's getting too hot for me. How about we come inside?"

No comments:

Post a Comment