Followers

Sunday, August 23, 2015

My Visitor


I stare at the ceiling fan for hours. The slow , repetitive motion numbs my mind. It puts me in and out of dreamless sleeps. The naps are long enough to take me away from the lackluster scenery, yet short enough to leave me frustrated. They
leave me jonesing for more. That's alright though. Upon waking one of the many times, I saw Olivia's beautiful, upside down face. I couldn't believe it. I mean I knew I'd see her again, but it made my day. "Are you real?" I ask. "I am." She says , sweetly. "I would have been here sooner , but I wasn't sure where you went until Peter sent for me." She continues. "Yeah, I'm sorry I left you." I say. "No, it's not your fault. I just wish I could have protected you at the time." "It's fine. You had to help Rosie. How is she by the way?" "She's doing well, or at least as well as she can after that freight. She's been resting a lot. She's not ready to go through her boxes just yet." "I figured." "But how are you holding up? I heard you got beat up badly." She says. "I feel like a bruised peach." "That bad, huh?" "Actually, I may be doing better. Could you help me up?" I ask. Olivia carefully pulls me up. It still hurts. Olivia sees me cringe as I sit up. "Doesn't look like you're better." "I'm not." I respond while swinging my legs around to the side of the bed. "Is movement good for you right now?" She asks, worriedly. "It should be." I reply. Olivia helps me off the bed. "Where are we going? Down the hall?" She asks. "No, top floor." "What's up there?" "Todd's office." I say, casually. "Are we in trouble ?" Olivia asks. "Yes we are." "Ok, well, are you sure you want to see him right now?" "Yes, now is perfect. He'll go easier on us because he knows I'm hurt." "That may be , but don't you at least want to get dressed?" "Why?" Olivia stares at my choice of clothing. "Because you're still wearing a nightgown." "Oh good, even better. Now he'll have to believe me." I say. Olivia shakes her head. "This is insane." "Does that mean you're not in on this?" "No I'm in on it. Let's go."

No comments:

Post a Comment