Followers

Saturday, June 6, 2015

After Dinner

Chad waits until he hears Marcy pull out of the driveway with Stacy an Ben before continuing. "Now, where was I?" "You were saying how you're not gonna press charges." I remind him. Chad smiles. "Right." There is a brief silence. "Let's cut the shit." He says. "What do you want to know?" I ask. " I know you were talking about Russell Myers." He replies. Chad leans back. "We go way back, but Russell is stupid." He continues. Olivia and I relax our posture. "He has seen my family before. I don't know how he could be so forgetful." "Maybe he did it on purpose?" Olivia suggests. "Why would he do that?" Chad asks. Olivia and I shrug. "I prefer to think he's an imbecile." Chad says. "He might have holes in his brains." I offer. "That is possible. He does do copious amounts of drugs. Still, why would you suggest he targeted me?" "We never said that." Olivia says. "You strongly implied that he purposely came after my daughter." "It's late, we don't know what we're saying." I explain. Chad glances at his watch. "It's 7:30." "That's very late for us." I tell him. We attempt to stand. "He was the muscle, and I was finances. Do you think he would be weaseling on my territory?" "No, I don't think so." Olivia replies. "Why would he want to take me down?" He asks. "I don't think that's what he was doing." Olivia says. "After all I've done for him. " He clenches his fists. "It was probably a misunderstanding." Olivia shouts. Chad snaps out of it. "A misunderstanding?" He repeats. "Yeah, just a misunderstanding." She assures him. Chad takes a deep breath. His posture is less tense now. "You're right." He responds. Chad picks up his empty wine glass. "I think I've had too much to drink." Olivia and I breath a sigh of relief. "I apologize for giving you the third degree tonight. To show no hard feelings, I ask that you stay for a game of pool."

No comments:

Post a Comment