Followers

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Waiting Time

We spend over a half hour in complete and utter silence. Chad does not say one single word. All he does is pier into our pupils. I wonder if he is trying to gaze into our souls, or merely figuring out his next step. "I grow tired of this." He says, breaking the silence. "Me too, you should let us go." Olivia replies. Chad shakes his head. "Nice try." He takes the phone out of his breast pocket. "How about I call him myself? See what the hold up is." "I don't think you want to do that." Olivia blurts. Chad hits the redial button. "I think I do." Chad paces back and forth waiting for someone to pick up. Eventually, Chad stops his pacing. "Hello, Russell you sure sound different." Chad says, eyeing us. Olivia and I know we've been caught, but still we don't want to admit anything yet. Chad continues his conversation. "This is Chad Billington. That's a shame, I'm really a big deal. No, I am. Listen, I'm going to cut the formalities because I need to know something. Where is Russell Myers?" Chad picks at his teeth while he waits for a response. "What do you mean you don't know. I have two of your cohorts here who say other wise." Chad stops his speech to examine us. "Well one of them is wearing a red cape. The other one has a blue and black dress, and she has a Mexican Sugar skull mask." Chad waits again for a reply. "Yes, now they ring a bell? So give me what I want or else you won't ever get what you want." Chad hangs up the phone. He places it casually back in his breast pocket and adjust his jacket. "That's how you do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment