Followers

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Games



Monopoly is perhaps the most soul crushing game ever invented. It's the only game where it's normal to utter "Take my money, please. Put me out of my misery." Ben is winning. If I didn't like him before, I despise him now. Chad and Marcy are geniuses though. I can't speak for Olivia, but I've been so disheartened and wrapped up in losing that I thought little about anything else. Right as I'm about to roll, Chad announces dinner is ready. "One minute." Ben shouts to Chad. "No, we eat now. I've been cooking for an hour and a half." Chad shouts back. Ben mumbles to himself. "Come on Ben, you know you won." Says Stacy. We leave the board game as it is with the hotels and money scattered across the carpet. Seeing as how everything else in their home is immaculate , it comes as a surprise to me. I guess dinner takes precedence over everything else. French doors open into the kitchen. Chad greets us warmly. He no longer wears his lime green coat, but still wears his business shirt with the sleeves rolled up. "Come in." He urges. I pick up an aroma that I have never smelled before. "What is that?" I ask. "Duck." He responds. I have never smelled, let alone tasted a cooked duck, so I was caught off guard. Who cooks duck? Can you find it at the store, or do you have to hunt it? Such an odd choice. "You may sit." Chad tells me, pointing to a black table with fancy China.

No comments:

Post a Comment