Followers

Monday, June 22, 2015

Elevator to Library

The library is ours all ours. Granted we still have to present the papers to the current librarian,but no one can take it away from us now. It's time for us to seek our reward. All we have to do is take a short ride in the elevator. One thought crosses my mind though. "Why do you think he didn't ask any further questions about Russell?" "What do you mean?" Olivia asks. "He was so concerned about us finding him and ensuring his safety. Yet, when we explained that we didn't know where he was nor did anyone else, he left it at that." "Maybe he didn't care if we actually found him." Olivia replies. I shoot her a puzzled look. "Look, you have to think that Todd also works for someone. Us going down there was a formality. He was covering his ass." "I guess you're right, but what do you think happened to him?" I ask. "He probably changed his name and left the state." I nod in agreement. "Should we be concerned if they ever do find him?" "No, he brought it upon himself." She says simply. The elevator stops. Any second the doors will open. "I have an idea." I say. Olivia turns her head to me. "The library is already ours. What if we check it out first? That way we'll know what kind of changes we would like to make."

No comments:

Post a Comment