Followers

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Pleasant Kid

"I don't want to talk to anybody!" "I know, I don't either." "Then why? Why do I have to talk to them?" Those were snippets of the conversation I could hear between Stacy and her mother. I'd share more, but frankly it's quite repetitive, and I think one could get the gist from this. Olivia leans her ear in. "Does it sound like the fight is ending?" I ask. "I don't know. I can't tell." Stacy lets out a loud squeal. "Maybe." Olivia says, rubbing her ear. We go back to our casual stances as we hear stomping. Stacy walks up to the front door with eyes fixed at her feet. The mother is right behind her. "Stacy, look up at them." Stacy begrudgingly lifts her head. As soon as she does she lets out a gasp. This does not go unnoticed by her mother. "So, you do know them?" She says to Stacy. "I saw them once." "You're not in trouble. We just needed to check up on you." Olivia explains. "I'm ok. Thank you." She says, with a stone face. "What about Ben?" I ask. "Her boyfriend?" The mother jumps in. "Yes." I respond. "Well, he's here too. Shall I go get him?" The mother asks. "Mom!" Stacy, replies half yelling. "Honey, if there is anything going on I'd like to get to the bottom of it. Why don't you two come inside?"

No comments:

Post a Comment