Followers

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Checking Out the Library

I am unsure if I explained this properly when I first talked about the Wellness Center library. While it's true the library is only divided into three sections (Mind, Body, and Spirit) and that the library is only on the first floor. That explanation does not do justice when describing the volume of this place. Each shelf is at least ten feet tall. Every shelf covers the width of the floor. The floor is about the length of two football fields, and there are countless rows. We look on in awe, and feel dwarfed. "Right off the bat, what's the first thing you notice?" Olivia asks. "It's big." "Yes, but what else?" "I don't know." "It's only divided into three sections." She replies. I nod. "Right, but we knew that." "Yes, and now that we're in charge we can make it easier for people to find what they are looking for." I stare down our aisle. "I don't know. I don't want to disrupt the natural order." I say, while turning down the next row. Olivia follows closely behind me. "We own this. We can do what ever we want." She explains. "I guess you're right. We'll put that on the list of things we want to change. I'd like to find something in the mean time." I glace at the various titles. Many of the books seem to be covered in dust. "What are you looking for?" Olivia asks. " I don't know yet." "What?" She says, confused. "Sometimes I like to wander around till I see a book that pops out at me." I tell her. "I could see that. Any ideas yet?" "Maybe. I'd like to read Calvin and Hobbes, you think they'd have it?" I ask. " I doubt it. Then again, it could be anywhere." I tap my foot. Olivia interrupts my thinking. "How about we go to the front desk, and we show them our papers?" She suggests. "Good idea. They'll be able to look up Calvin and Hobbes in their data base." Olivia half smiles. "Sure, we can do that."

No comments:

Post a Comment