Followers

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Father's Here

The mother greets her husband at the front door, leaving us alone with Ben and Stacy. They don't speak a word, but their eyes say everything. They say "I got you." Their smiles shout "I'll take pleasure in this." Admittedly it is uncomfortable. I will not be broken so easily though. The mother enters the living room with her husband, Chad Billington. He wears the same tacky green suit from before. "This is my husband, Chad." She announces. "Nice to meet you." He says, pretending he's never seen us before. "Chad, these people in the colorful outfits tried to sell illegal substances to Stacy and Ben." "You don't say?" He responds. "Yes, now what should we do to them?" She asks. "Invite them to dinner." He replies. The mother is aghast. "They are horrible people who should be punished." Chad nods slowly. "Agreed, but I'd like to pick their brains first." "But I don't have anything made." Chad rests his hand on her shoulder. "Marcy, I will prepare a meal. I won't be long , but entertain our guests in the mean time." "What do you suggest?" Marcy asks. "Anything to take their mind off of things."

No comments:

Post a Comment