Followers

Friday, June 12, 2015

Like Gym Class

Even with the rubber fence folded over it's very long. It reaches the bottom of the basement and juts out the window well on the other side. "What do I do?" Olivia shouts from the basement. "Pretend it's like gym class when you had to climb the rope." "I always hated that." "I did too, but as soon as I can reach you I'll pull you in." Olivia gleefully accepts my offer. She has a little trouble climbing at first. I'm sure if the roles were reversed I would as well. But after some encouragement , she proceeds. When she is at arms length I am able to grab a hold of her and pull her through. I lay down so as to keep myself level. She crawls through the tiny window into the well. "And now we find that biker." She says, her voice bouncing off the metallic walls. "Before we venture further.." I reply while untying my cape from around the fence. The fence unravels slightly, but there is still enough room for me to put on my cape. Olivia smiles. "That's better."

No comments:

Post a Comment