Followers

Monday, June 15, 2015

Bound

Our hands are tied behind our backs. The rope is so tight that it feels as if the circulation is being cut off. Chad Billington stands before us. He brandishes a gun, trying his best to intimidate us. Jimmy stands behind him with his arms crossed. If he wasn't the man who sold us out, I'd say he looks cool in that pose. Barely lit, and he doesn't say a word, but he doesn't have to. "You thought you could outsmart me?" Chad asks. "It would be stupid to say yes now." Olivia responds. Chad grits his teeth at the remark. "Where is he?" He demands. "How the hell should we know?" I reply. "You have to know where he is. I sent some of my best men to track him down. They haven't come across anything yet." Olivia laughs. "Your guys sound pretty shitty." "I think you two know more then you are letting on." "Oh yeah?" I say. "Yes, when I return to my home to find an empty basement it raises suspicion. It tells me that you are guilty." "We thought you wanted to kill us." I respond. Chad half smiles. "Now you'll never know." Chad punches me in the mouth. I feel my lip split open, and I spit blood onto the floor. "Where is he?" He cries. "What are you doing? We don't know where he is, and even if we did you're not going to understand a word he's saying now." Olivia says, nervously. "It doesn't matter. I only need one of you to talk." Chad aims his gun at me. "I know where he is!" Olivia shouts. Chad lowers his gun. "Where?" "let me call him, I can get a hold of him." She says. Chad slowly nods. He takes a cell phone out of his breast pocket. "What's the number?" He asks. "Untie my hand and I can dial." "No, what's the number?" He asks again. Olivia points to me with her head. "It's in his pocket. So, unless you want to reach in there and get it." She says. "He can get it himself. Jimmy, untie his right hand." Jimmy rushes behind him. He looses the rope just enough so I can free my right hand. I carefully grab the paper with Todd's number out of my pocket. I'm not sure exactly what Olivia is planing, but I have full faith in her. "You want me to call?" I ask, my voice sounding more garbled then ever. Chad grimaces at my inability to speak at the moment. "Please, don't talk. Just dial, and hand her the phone. " He insists. I do exactly as I'm told. I dial the number and hold it up to Olivia's ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment