Followers

Monday, June 1, 2015

Wasp Home

Ever hear the term Mcmansion? If you haven't, it clearly describes this eyesore of a building I am staring at now. A colossal home with virtually no land. Statistically these mansions would belong to a family of four. I understand the need for everyone to have space, but that much? Plus, as soon as you buy one of these you have to fill it with stuff. A lot of stuff. Olivia whistles loudly. "That's something, isn't it?" I lean against a large, white pillar. "You think it's the right house?" I ask. "That girl gave us directions." "Yeah, but who knows how well she knows her. She could have gotten the wrong house." I say. "Only one way to find out." Olivia rings the doorbell. It's loud and it echoes. The door swings open. We are greeted by what looks like an older version of Stacy. I take a quick peek inside. I am distracted by a gigantic chandelier and a majestic marble staircase. "May I help you?" She asks. I know I should say something, but I am in awe at the moment. "Hello." She says, impatiently. "Hi, we're here about daughter." Olivia replies. "What about her?" She asks, defensively. "We're here on behalf of her well being." Olivia says. "I just took her in for a check up. She's fine." The woman starts to shut the door. I put my foot in the way. "Is she staying out of trouble?" I ask. The woman grits her teeth. "Stacy does not get into trouble." "Is she staying out of trouble?" I repeat. "She is! But if you are so inclined to find the negatives in my daughter I will bring her, and she can tell you herself." "I think you should." I say, calmly. The woman shakes her fist. "I will get her. You stay right there." She walks off. "You think Stacy will tell us anything different?" Olivia asks. "Who knows anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment