Followers

Monday, June 8, 2015

Trapped in the Basement

Olivia jingles the doorknob while I pound my fists against the door. I am pounding so hard that my hands are swelling. Olivia grabs my arm, stomping me from pounding any further. "Save your strength." She says. "Do you think he'll come back?" I ask. "Eventually." I shake my head. "If you didn't suggest Russell targeted his daughter." Olivia squints her eyes. "You're the one who said took up his offer on beer." She replies. "So did you." Olivia walks down the steps. "It's no use arguing. We're here now." She says, forlorn. I follow her down the stairs. "What do you think we should do?" I ask. "We could try to escape. It's a basement, so there is probably a window well around here." I nod. "That is our best bet. I wouldn't want to stick around here." Olivia thinks for a moment. "What?" I ask. "If he's that distrustful of Russell I don't know if he would come back." She says. "Are you saying that he would be equally distrustful of the gang?" Olivia shrugs. "I would be." "So that means, he's going after Russel right now?" I suggest. "Maybe, I don't know if he knows what his next move should be." She tells me. "What is our next move?" Olivia sighs. "Let's wait a while."

No comments:

Post a Comment