Followers

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Phone Call

I hear Todd pick up the phone on the other end. "Oh hey, are you guys in trouble?" He asks. "No, no trouble. We were just calling to see where you are." Olivia says as calmly as she can. There is a brief pause. "You know where I am." "Ok, so you're in the same place?" So far Todd has not caught on to our game. I hear the confusion in his voice. " I don't know where else I would be." He says. "Here, you should be here." Olivia replies. "You know I can't leave. How is your mission going?" Olivia examines our menacing captures. "Everything is coming to a head." She says. "That's good. When can I expect you?" "I think a better question is, when can I expect you? You should really come down here." I hear Todd let out a frustrated sigh on the other end. "I can't do that. I have work to do. Just do what you have to do, then leave." "Ok, so I'll see you in an hour?" Olivia asks. Todd hangs up the phone. I remove Chad's phone from Olivia's ear. Chad snatches his phone from my hand. "What did he say?" Chad asks. "That he'd be here soon." Olivia says. "What's soon?" He questions. " I don't know, soon." Chad eyes his wrist watch. "That's fine. We'll wait."

No comments:

Post a Comment