Followers

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Midnight Walk

Everyone at the Wellness Center goes to sleep around the same time. I don't know if it's a rule, or they all follow a similar circadian rhythm. All I know is it soon becomes quiet everywhere. It's peaceful. So peaceful that we're able to fall asleep with them. Syncing up to their patterns is a good sign. It means we're fitting in. Before we know it know it we'll be one of them. Not honorary members, bur real members. Well, maybe Olivia will. I'm not too sure about myself. I toss and turn. I can't seem to sleep. I don't know if it's the first night in a new place or what. All I know is from experience the more I try, the less likely I'll be able to doze. Plus, it wouldn't be fair to keep Olivia up. So I stumble out of bed and walk the lonely corridors of the Wellness Center. I find my self outside the entrance to the Library. It's locked. It shouldn't be a surprise to me, but it is. I could see if the cafeteria is open, or I could head back to the stable. Neither one feels like an option at this point. My legs are weak , so very weak. I slink down on the floor, and and lean my back against the wall. That's when it hits me. That's when I nod off . That's when I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment