Followers

Sunday, June 28, 2015

In the Stable

Fight to be heard, fight for normalcy, fight for a place to rest your head. Fight for all the above and more. Nothing comes easy. A sparkling personality will only get you so far. The rest is gumption, or moxie , or whatever you want to call it. One could say I am taking the cynical approach. Perhaps I am, though there must be some truth to my statements. Also, mistake not what I say for whining. Whining is complaining without the foresight or ambition to change anything. It's not the best feeling being shuffled around and going through hoops,but we have a friend in Peter. Currently he is showing us a half loft in the falcon stables. It is neat in a way. You get to climb up a ladder to the loft, but I think that is where my excitement ends. There is no furniture, and I don't feel safe up there. What's to stop a falcon or anything else from coming in? "What do you think?" Peter asks. We are both speechless. "I know it's missing a few obvious touches. I'll see what I can do to deliver them." He continues. He pulls out his pocket watch. "I should be heading back. Anything you need right now?" "Are we ok?" I ask. "I don't see why not. It shouldn't get that cold, but I'll get a space heater just in case." "No, I mean from intruders." I say. "Absolutely, you have an army of birds. This is practically a sanctuary." He assures. "But, is there a possibility they could turn on us?" I ask. Peter's smile fades. "I know you both have had a long day, but that would never happen. The birds are loyal through and through." "I'm sorry." "Don't apologize to me. Apologize to them." I nervously laugh. "I'm serious." He insists. I walk over to the edge of the loft and shout sorry. "Better. Now, is there anything I can get you?" We both say no. "Then I must be off." We wave goodbye to Peter as he heads down the wooden ladder. I take a seat in the hay filled loft. Olivia plops down next to me. "Cheer up." She says to me. "You think he'll find us a place?" I ask. "Maybe. In the mean time we could always go for a ride on a falcon." "You think they'll let us do that?" "They won't have to know." I reluctantly nod. "Besides.." She continues , with a grin. "Worst case scenario, they kick us out and we can never come back."

No comments:

Post a Comment