Followers

Friday, June 26, 2015

Cafeteria Food

I poke and prod at my lunch. In case you're wondering, it is edible. It is food. It's just...health food. Mostly grains and rice. Don't get me wrong I don't mind health food, but when you are set on a greasy burger nothing else will do. To paraphrase Metallica: "Give me burgers . Give me fries . Give me that which I desire." "You don't like it?" Peter asks. "It's not that it's just-" "You're disappointed?" He interrupts. I slowly nod with a mouth full of flavor less rice. "It does take some getting used to." He continues. "It's healthy, but it doesn't have to be bland." Olivia adds. Peter smiles. "It's a shame you didn't buy the cafeteria instead." "Can we buy it?" I ask. "I think we have our hands full as it is." Olivia informs me. "How are things at the library?" Peter asks. "Well, they are really lacking when it comes to literature." Olivia says . "I suppose we could stand to brush up on the classics." He replies. "Brush up? We don't have any classics." Olivia exclaims. "Alright, I hear you. Just don't rock the boat." "We'll rock the boat just enough." I say. Peter chuckles. "Besides the food, and lack of good books , how are you enjoying everything?" "I like it, but it's gonna be a hell of a commute." I reply. Peter stops eating. "I don't understand." "We like it here, but it's not like we live near by." Olivia explains. Peter has the blankest expression. "What's not to understand?" I ask. "Didn't someone give you two lodging?" "No." Peter pushes his tray away. He takes a deep breath. "Let's clear this up."

No comments:

Post a Comment