Followers

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Jimmy's Bar


Journeying to the bar may not appear to be the smartest thing, but we have to find that man. Even if it means venturing into a dangerous area. This is our duty. We throw open the door expecting the worst. Instead we see a vacant, lonely bar. There is only one man in sight. He is mopping the floor. His head is down and he wears a greasy apron. "Where is everybody?" I ask out loud. The man lifts his head. "It's you. I heard you didn't like my food." "You're Jimmy?" Olivia asks. "The one and only. Some consider it a crime to insult the cook's food. I really shouldn't let you in." "But.." I say, trying to pull words out of his mouth. "But I don't have the energy." "We're not going to stay long. We just wanted to find Russell." Olivia informs. "You haven't heard? He went missing." Jimmy says. "Any idea where he might be?" I ask. "Not sure. We sent a search party. All the guys are on it. He'll show up sooner or later." "And then what?" I ask. Jimmy stares at me, bewildered. "And then we bring him home. Are you implying we'd hurt him?" Neither Olivia nor I respond. "He's family. Nothing bad's gonna happen. Why don't you have a seat?" He suggests. We don't budge. "Go on, sit. It's ok." He says, as nicely as he can. Olivia and I pull out two stools and sit at the bar. Jimmy walks behind the bar. " let me get you a couple of drinks on the house." I turn to Olivia. "Well, we never got to have our beer earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment